Charity Tandem Skydive in aid of SCARD
SCARD help to relieve distress amongst people who have lost a loved one, been injured or affected by drunk or reckless driving. They do this by providing emotional and practical support through a telephone help-line, support groups, personal support system and offering free counselling at their offices.
SCARD also works closely with their sister charity CADD (Campaign against Drink Driving) to build awareness of the dangers on our roads and campaign for changes to the current legislations relating to incidents.
The Aims of S.C.A.R.D
- To provide support to the families of victims killed or injured by drunk and/or drugged drivers.
- To help relieve distress among people who have been bereaved, injured or affected by road death or injury
- To provide emotional and practical support through a telephone help-line, support groups, meetings and personal support system
- Help, assist and (If requested) accompany affected families, individuals and friends to Crown, Magistrates or Coroners Court
- To send out independent and informative information with regard to the judicial system.
- To provide access to free initial legal help and advice.
- To assist in helping bereaved, injured or traumatised people, including witnesses to collisions, to access free counselling within or outside of the organisation.
- To raise awareness of road danger, by information.
To book your charity skydive and raise money for SCARD, go to our booking page or phone us on 01869 278706.