The perfect skydiving experience gift for those people wanting to keep their feet a little nearer to the ground!
Ever wondered what it would feel like to fly? Not sure if you can face jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? Well now you can get to experience the thrill and exhilaration of free fall in a safe environment without the need of a parachute!
Why not try out the new sport of Indoor Skydiving at one of Britain’s Indoor Vertical Skydiving Wind Tunnels in Basingstoke, M. Keynes or Manchester. The skydiving simulator consists of a series of very powerful fans which create a column of air that is strong enough to support your weight thus giving you the sensation of floating. It is totally safe and includes a wire mesh which stops you from getting anywhere near to the fans.
After just a 30 minute briefing you will able to experience the dream of flight and get to try out some aerial manoeuvres! And what’s more, your family and friends will be able to share your experience with you from the viewing gallery.
Indoor skydiving is just like the real thing, so much so that all serious competitive skydivers use the tunnel to refine their techniques and to stay sharp. The introduction of skydiving wind tunnels into this country have helped to strengthen Britain’s ranking at World level culminating with the British Women’s 4-way Skydiving Team winning medals at the World Championships since 1999, taking home the gold on 5 occasions!
What to expect:
Training is simple, taking just 30 minutes and covers the following:
- Basic body position
- Entering and exiting the skydiving simulator
- Signals used to communicate
- Short video
You will be given a jumpsuit, helmet, goggles and ear plugs.
Then you walk with your instructor to the chamber where you will wait your turn to fly.
When it’s your turn, enjoy! Remember to smile for the cameras and wave to your family and friends outside.
After your flight you will receive a certificate and get the chance to purchase any photos you like.
Indoor Skydiving Flight Packages:
This experience which lasts about an hour includes a 30 minute briefing and 2 flights in the tunnel where you will receive 1on1 tuition from your instructor. The total flight time amounts to 2 minutes.
This experience is the same as the single lesson except that you get double the flight time! The extra time gives you the chance to really master flying enabling you to try out some other cool moves. The total flight time amounts to 4 minutes.
Here you get 10 minutes of flying time to share between your family and friends (up to 5 people). Please note that you still each fly separately i.e. take it in turns.
* A £10 premium will be payable for vouchers flown between 12pm – 6pm at weekends and during school holidays.
** A £10 premium will be payable for voucers flown from 12pm - 6pm at weekends and during school holidays.
*** A £30 premium will be payable for vouchers flown between 12pm – 6pm at weekends and during school holidays
AFF Student Lesson
Available to people who are about to start or are in the middle of their Accelerated Free Fall Skydiving Course (AFF). Here we would advise that you book a inimum of 20-30 minutes to practice your stable body position, heading and hover control as well as master 90° and 360° turns needed for levels 4 and 5. Phone us on 01869 278706 for more details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points to note:
- There are no age restrictions although we suggest that children need to be at least 5 years to fully enjoy the experience. As long as we have a helmet small enough to fit your head, you can fly! Children under the age of 18 will require written consent from their parent or legal guardian to allow them to fly.
- The maximum weight allowed is 18 stone (114kg).
- No previous indoor skydiving experience is required and you do not have to be particularly fit to take part in this experience.
- If you have any of the following conditions, then you should not fly: pregnancy, back problems, history of dislocations, freshly stitched wounds, heart conditions, osteoporosis, bone illnesses, under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs.
- Your flight will be captured on DVD plus stills photos will also be taken. You will have the opportunity to purchase these from reception after your flight. Don't forget to smile!
- Arrive 1 hour prior to the flight time to allow you to complete the booking in process and to be on time for your flight training.
- On booking your flight package, you will be sent a confirmation letter plus gift voucher which can then be used to book your chosen date and flight time.
- The voucher will be valid for 9 months from the date of purchase.
- Each venue is open every day of the year with the exception of Christmas Day.
You can book very easily and quickly by going to Booking Page. Alternatively if you wish to speak to a member of our Sales Team, call us on 01869 278706. Please note that weekends and school holidays at the skydiving wind tunnels can be extremely busy, so book early to avoid disappointment. For AFF student bookings, please either phone 01869 278706 or email your request to email@example.com.